Araldite is a renowned manufacturer of special adhesives for repairs of all kinds, whether for DIY projects or handicrafts. Founded in Switzerland in 1946, the company’s products stand out from ordinary adhesives and instant glues thanks to their particularly strong and long-lasting bond strength. This is made possible by the epoxy technology developed by the company itself – it ensures permanently reliable bonds. Today, the Araldite brand enjoys the trust of millions of customers around the world.
But even established and successful brands need a little refresh every now and then in order to remain in tune with the spirit of the times and not rest on their laurels, but also to tap into new target groups. The old packaging design of the Araldite products was no longer up to date and also had general design weaknesses, so it needed a makeover, which our designers took care of.
Araldite commissioned us to carry out a complete packaging relaunch. We were to comprehensively optimize, modernize and – what was particularly important – emotionalize the packaging design.
The biggest challenge during the redesign was to create a design that could be easily adapted to many different variants, formats and countries. In this case, ‘problem-free’ doesn’t just refer to the technical side; visually, too, it had to look like it was all of a piece, so to speak.
Furthermore, we had to master the balancing act of making the design new, modern and fresh without throwing the company’s corporate identity overboard. This is always a challenge with well-known traditional brands. After all, it is important to ensure that the brand remains recognizable at first glance.
Here is an overview of the most important features of the new packaging design:
– A crucial point was the placement of the brand logo. On the old packaging, it was hidden behind the product. We literally brought it out and put it in focus. It is now located in the upper left-hand corner, where it is shown off to its best advantage.
– We have retained the pure look of the logo for the sake of recognition. It is presented in the same font.
– The typical Araldite pattern or grid decorates the packaging as before. It also supports the recognizability of the manufacturer.
– The colors have also remained, with black dominating a bit more than it did on the old packaging.
– Speaking of colors: Each adhesive variant is in a specific color. The “Ultra Strong” type, for example, is a classic blue, while “Rapid” is red. The color is impressively distributed across the packaging and can also be seen on the product itself, making it easy for consumers to distinguish between the types.
– We have taken the characteristic brand elements themselves, but moved them to the foreground so that they can have a better effect.
– Apart from the repositioning of the logo, the new icons are the biggest change on the revised packaging. While they still seem oldschool and almost boring on the old packaging, they really shine out on the new packaging. In addition, the objects depicted in the icons have a more modern design.
The new packaging design embodies Araldite through and through, but in a refreshed, modernized and above all emotionalized version. It is clear, structured and stylish. It also continues to exude the professionalism for which the manufacturer has stood for many decades.